DStv Now on Smart TV can be streamed without any challenges. If you have a DStv Now account, you might be wondering how to watch DStv now on Smart TV. There are current DStv Now apps for Samsung, LG and Hisense smart TVs. To set up DStv Now on Smart TV is easy.
In this article, you will learn how to watch DStv Now on your Smart TV in South Africa.
What is DStv Now On Smart TV?
DStv Now is the app and website where you can watch your TV online. DStv Now on Smart TV allows DStv customers to connect their DStv Now accounts to their Smart TVs so that they can watch their favourite TV channels on TV without the need for a decoder. You can easily turn your TV into a DStv hub with just simple steps.
To watch DStv Now on Smart TV, you need to download the DStv Now app which is available for the following devices:
- Samsung smart TVs (selected models from 2015 onwards)
- Hisense smart TVs (selected models from 2018 onwards)
- LG smart TVs (models running webOS 3.0, 3.5 and 4.0)
How to Watch DStv Now On Smart TV
To watch DStv Now on your Smart TV, you first need to install the new DStv Now app for your Smart TV. Here’s how to install the DStv Now app on your Smart TV:
1. Connect your smart TV to the internet using ethernet cable or Wi-Fi
2. Go to the App Store on your TV, search for “DStv Now”, and install the app
3. Once installed, the app will display a code on your TV screen
4. On a laptop/desktop, go to now.dstv.com and sign in
5. Once signed in, go to now.dstv.com/tv and enter the code displayed on the TV, then click on the “Sign in on TV” button
The app will now be live on the Smart TV
What is DStv Now?
It’s the online version of DStv. If you can’t be at home to watch your favourite shows via your decoder, visit now.dstv.com and watch DStv on your laptop, tablet or phone. It’s no extra cost to all DStv subscribers (just remember to keep an eye on your data).
How many people can watch DStv Now at the same time?
With DStv Now, it’s possible to watch two different streams on separate devices at the same time. This means a single account can be used to watch TV via a decoder in the lounge, a movie on a tablet in the bedroom via DStv Now, and sport on another smart TV using DStv Now. It’s also a great way for kids who are away from home to get the most from the family’s DStv subscription!
There are DStv Now apps available for the following devices as well:
- Xbox gaming consoles (Xbox One, Xbox One S, Xbox One X)
- Apple TV (4th generation and newer)
- Media players running Android TV (Google-certified devices only)