Jaxa will debut tomorrow evening (24 November) as Nomvula on the e.tv medical drama.
Legendary actress, Tina Jaxa, has joined the cast of e.tv’s medical drama, Durban Gen.
Jaxa will play the role of Nomvula and will debut tomorrow night (24 November) according to entertainment commentator, Phil Mphela and TV Plus Magazine.
JAXA’S ROLE ON ‘DURBAN GEN’
Jaxa’s character, Nomvula, is one the interns mother’s at the hospital and is described as a no-nonsense woman, who gets things done.
The publication stated that she experienced loss and hurt at a very young age when she lost her eldest daughter when her daughter, Jack was just an infant.
Her on-screen daughter, Jack (Yola Plaatjie) is a first-year intern who is described as a peacemaker and a hippie who is undermined by the other doctors at the hospital.
It is revealed that Nomvula has a secret daughter and will reveal the news to her daughter, Jack tomorrow night.
Her on-screen daughter, doctor Nangamso Jack, joined the cast of the Durban-based telenovela this season with three other actors.
Other new actors that joined the show this season include Thokozisa Ziqubu who plays the role of Dr Lethuxolo Bhengu, and a new paramedic named Thembi’ The Thembanator’ played by Sibonkuhle Nkosi.
TINA JAXA’S PREVIOUS TV ROLES
The actress has appeared on SABC 2’s Afrikaans soapie, 7de Laan as Lesedi Moloi’s (KB Motsilenyane) mother, Ruth, according to TVSA.
- She played the role of Priscilla Mthembu on season one of Generations now dubbed Generations: The Legacy.
- Jaxa also played the role of Lorraine Dlomo, on SABC 3’s canned soapie, Isidingo.
- The legendary actress also acted as David Genaro’s (Jame Bartlett) baby mama, Andiswa on e.tv’s canned soapie, Rhythm City.
- She’s also appeared on popular TV shows such as 90 Plein Street as Mrs Maduna,
- Ashes to Ashes season two as Nokulunga Radebe, Gold Diggers seasons one and two as May Gumede, and many more.