Porsche 911 Prices in South Africa. What comes to mind when you hear the name Porsche? Of course, it is luxury cars with really eye-catching designs and top-notch functionalities. Porsche cars are high-end which means that they are usually bought by people with lots of cash.
The Porsche 911 is one of the latest models from Porsche that was introduced into the South African auto market. In this post, we will discuss the different variants of this model as long as their specs.
Want to learn more about the Porsche 911? Continue reading to the end.
Prices of Porsche 911 in South Africa
By now, you must know that Porsche cars are very expensive. This shouldn’t be strange considering the fact that Porsche is meant for luxury. This year, new models of the Porsche 911 were introduced to the market and the major selling points are the design of the tail and headlights.
As you would have expected, the new Porsche 911 is designed to be more dynamic and a lot faster than its predecessor. It has wider tracks which stand at 45mm. In addition, the rear houses 21-inch wheels while the front has 20-inch wheels installed.
To ensure that the car looks sleeker, it now has flush door handles that are electric in nature. The initial models of the 911 released into the market are the Carrera S and Carrera 4S. Even though the torque figures haven’t been released yet, it is clear that these cars are amazing in function and design.
The Carrera S model can hit 100 kph within just 3.5 seconds and its counterpart will do the same with just 3.4 seconds. If you like to go fast, then any of these cars would be your best bet. While the 4S can hit 306 kph, the S model hits 308 kph.
Both models of the Porsche 911 have installed a new driver assistance feature which includes optional Night vision and wet mode assist.
So to the price of this amazing car in South Africa, check out the prices below:
- Porsche 911 Carrera S – R1 708 000
- Porsche 911 Carrera 4S – R1 797 000
Please note that the above prices are just estimates for the new Porsche Carrera series. This means the prices could be more or less depending on the vendor and location.
If you prefer to buy a used Porsche 911 in South Africa, then you can visit any of the used car vendors in the country. You can either visit their websites or go to their physical locations.
Here is a list of some of the used Porsche 911 cars with their estimated prices in South Africa.
- Porsche 911 Cabriolet 1999 – R310 000
- Porsche 911 Turbo Coupe 2007 – R1 199 900
- Porsche 911 Carrera 4S 2007 – R659 995
- Porsche 911 Carrera 4 Cabriolet PDK – R849 990
- Porsche 911 Carrera Coupe PDK 2014 – R889 995
- Porsche 911 GTS Cabriolet 2012 – R899 995
As we said earlier, these are just estimates, you can get cheaper or costlier prices depending on the vendor. It is, however, important that you should check all the necessary factors when buying a used car. This will save you a lot of unnecessary problems when you begin to use the car.
Pros of the Porsche 911
There are several reasons why you need to buy any of the models in the Porsche 911 series. This series has been in existence for several decades, the first time it appeared was in the 1960s. The new models of the 911 are designed to have better looks and performance than their predecessors.
Here are the reasons why you should buy any of the Porsche 911 cars:
- Great performance and powerful engines – Even though the car is light, the engine is very powerful presenting between 370 hp and 520 hp. The acceleration is unbelievable and the torque power is amazing.
- Handling is flawless which makes it lots of fun to drive – From the perfect steering to the smooth handling and the firm braking, everything about this car is impressive. It is designed for smooth performance and it can rival any other car in the world in this regard.
- Sporty look – You can hardly mistake this car for another one. It is safe to say that this car is one of the most iconic in the history of sports cars. Even though choosing a car based on its looks is quite mundane, you can hardly look away from the Porsche 911.
- Great fuel economy – Considering the fact that this is a sports car, it has an amazing ability to conserve fuel. Comparing the car to other sports cars in the same category, this car has better fuel economy and performance.
- Safety features – The car is loaded with amazing security features to keep both drivers and passengers safe. These features are the latest high-tech security features on the market. It even has an emergency braking system that helps to prevent collisions when the need arises.
Cons of the Porsche 911
As much as we love the Porsche 911, there are a few cons which. By the way, they are very few and not really cons for everyone. Let’s take a look at some of them below:
- The size of the car – As you expect for a sleek sports car, the Porsche 911 is very small. If you like sports cars and you want a car for you and your spouse, then this should be great. However, if you want a car for your whole family, it is not advisable to get this car. This isn’t to say that its small size doesn’t have its own advantages.
- Rear seats are cramped – You can guess this from the size of the car. If you have two or three kids, it would be perfect for them but it is not suitable for adults. This challenge isn’t with the Porsche 911 alone, all other sports cars have the same challenge.
- Cost – It is a very costly car. You should expect this considering the performance, looks, and manufacturer.
Now you know the different variants of Porsche 911 in South Africa, their specs and prices. You also know where you can buy one of these beautiful cars for yourself in South Africa. To learn more about Porsche in South Africa, click here.